Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system.
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Resource - Torrance Urgent Care ( Full Time/Day Shift) at Providence Medical Institute in Torrance , CA.
The schedule for this position is Mon-Fri 8:00am – 7:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 9:00am - 5:00pm, with some flexibility in the end time.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all professional nursing experience.
We are seeking Registered Nurse Resource in Torrance Urgent Care who will be responsible for providing direct patient care in the clinic as well as facilitating patient care flow. Facilitate the workflow in the area by conducting nursing assessments, delegating service to and documentation. Contribute expertise in the areas of patient scheduling, telephone advice and pharmacy needs. Assist with maintaining compliance to professional nursing standards and regulatory requirements and will support physicians in delivering quality health care to patients taking into account the patients individual physical or age-related needs. Perform all duties in a manner, which promotes team concept, caring and respect reflecting the philosophy of Sisters of Providence Mission. In addition, upholds the standards of confidentiality, attendance and punctuality. Work as a member of the clinical support/patient care team and directly interacts with clinic patients including LVN''s, MA''s and providers. Work with providers to ensure that an appropriate standard of care is provided
In this position you will:
- Triage patients and communicate urgent patient needs to the practitioner
- Instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests
- Draw blood; perform EKG’s, laboratory; assist with diagnostic test and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures
- Under supervision of practitioner, administer medications. Start intravenous lines and administer intravenous fluids with appropriate certification
- Delegate tasks to other caregivers as license permits
- Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return practitioners’ phone messages
- Document all interactions in patient’s electronic medical record
- Actively participate in continuing education and meetings
- Promote the mission of Providence externally in a positive way Function as an ambassador for Providence when interfacing with anyone outside the organization
- Demonstrate the Providence Core Values including patient-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion; teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement; and leadership at all times
- Demonstrate competency with all position related software programs
- Consistent use of AIDET system for excellent service
- Obtain body fluid specimens including but not limited to urinary catheterization
- Ensure that follow-up and referral information are understood by the patient or family
- Provide patient mobility assistance as necessary.
- Assist office staff with scheduling of in-patient and outpatient tests and procedures
- Provide general health education within own level of expertise and as directed by practitioner and nurse supervisor. Assist in collecting and distributing patient education materials
- LABORATORY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures as outlined in the Laboratory Policy and Procedure Manual
- Collect, identify and process patient specimens according to SPD and reference lab protocols
- Maintain and monitor records of specimens sent to reference laboratories for testing
- Perform waived testing procedures and simple moderate tests proficiently, where training has been completed and competency has been verified
- Document all in-house laboratory tasks and testing procedures. Retain records for two years
- Understand and articulate the importance of quality control and performance of simple QC procedures and instrument maintenance
- Graduate of school of registered nursing
- One (1) year Nursing experience in a clinic setting, or 2 years of acute hospital nursing experience
- Current CA State RN license
- Current BLS-HCP – Basic Life Support – for Healthcare Providers – American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer accepted on hire
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to read, analyze, and assimilate medical records, laboratory and other diagnostic reports necessary for clinic medical charts
- Demonstrated literacy in the use of personal computers and Windows applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment independently
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks under pressure
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining high quality standards
- Ability to self-manage, set priorities and operate with minimal direct supervision
- Capable of managing highly confidential information
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, physicians and other staff members
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Ambulatory experience
- ER or urgent care experience
- ACLS certification
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 301535