Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement “World Class Care, every patient, every time” helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate RN Clinical Nurse Educator to join our team!
What You’ll Do
The RN Nurse Educator is accountable for working with the Education Manager to provide education in accordance with regulatory bodies and hospital requirements. The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) position has a strong clinical background and demonstrated leadership abilities. The CNE takes an active role in education and development of nursing staff at the patient bedside; moving their expertise from novice to expert. The CNE utilizes evidence based practice to enhance the quality of clinical care across the continuum. The CNE models and maintains excellence in clinical and professional expertise. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Works with Education Manager to ensure a collaborative approach to planning education.
- Validates clinical performance against practice standards.
- Provides education and mentoring to nursing staff.
- Provides regular written progress reports on staff to assigned nursing leadership and education manager.
- Works collaboratively with assigned nursing leadership to implement an effective standardized nursing education program.
What We Offer
Competitive pay and benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match. Generous paid time off, holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long term disability. Portneuf Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What You'll Bring:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Idaho.
- Obtain BLS certification within three months of hire and maintain as current.
- Strong clinical background required; previous experience as a nurse educator/instructor in the clinical setting preferred.
- Strong computer, organizational and recordkeeping skills.