We are looking for a Home Health RN II for the North Star Home Health Direct Department at Home Care Services.
Location: Pomona, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 36 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The Registered Nurse assesses patients for skilled home health needs, develops and initiates a plan of care with the physician approval and provides nursing care, ordered by the physician to patients in their place of residence. The Registered Nurse continually re-evaluates the patients nursing needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline-nursing skills, including assessment, wound care, catheter care and infusion. Maintains clinical competencies according to agency standards.
- Completes comprehensive assessments, including OASIS items, accurately and timely at specific time-points as defined by regulation and agency policy.
- Develops a plan of care, in collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver and physician orders including frequency and duration of nursing visits, specific care or treatments to be provided, appropriate goals, medications, other disciplines needed and discharge plan.
- Documents the comprehensive assessment and plan of care in the EHR and synchronizes by 10:00AM the following day.
- Implements and provides nursing care, treatment and services according to the plan of care and accepted standards of care, including patient educations and any IV or other medications required to be administered by the nurse.
- Communicates changes in patient status, patient issues and concerns and changes in orders to the Physician, Clinical Manager and Clinical Supervisor according to agency guidelines.
- Practices infection control and universal precautions for self and others in patient care activities.
- Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with authorization nurses and community vendors timely.
- Maintains patient rights and dignity. Assures the care of the dying patient, optimizing his/her comfort and dignity.
- Effectively establishes priorities and delegates responsibilities appropriately when supervising the LVN and the CHHA.
- Meets the productivity standards of the organization.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to follow ministry's policies and applicable laws
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Time management
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team-player to support your team and ministry needs.
- Demonstrates Values based customer service skill
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Completes necessary education to attain RN Licensure in state of California
Experience : 1 year of Nursing experience in clinical setting
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current California RN license
- Current Driver's license and current automobile liability insurance
- Current basic CP
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- IV and Central lines experience
- Intravenous infusion experience
- Experience with EHR
- Home health field experience
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Category: Home Health Nursing
Req ID: R333975