Providence is calling a Clinical Nurse to our Community Health Parish Nurse Program (Full-Time/Day Shift) in Van Nuys, CA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse - for our Community Health Parish Nurse Program who will support the Nursing philosophy, hospital policy, and in coordination with the Manager and Medical Director of Providence Family Health First, the nurse will provide patient care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents and young adults on a mobile medical unit, in an outpatient setting.
In this position you will:
- Triage by prioritizing "customer" care according to the physiological findings. Provides direct patient care by assessing the patient's physical and emotional status and initiates care priorities.
- Recognize emergency situations and acts calmly. Maintains knowledge of the crash box and emergency medications.
- Maintain awareness of available hospital and community resources to utilize for customer referrals.
- Perform laboratory screens and related quality controls as stated in the departmental and laboratory policy and procedure manual.
- Perform treatments as stated in the departmental policy and procedure manual.
- Administer and/or provides medication per clinician’s order.
- IdentifY patient and/or family educational and learning needs and implements teaching according to customer’s learning style.
- Responsible for the function and care of all medical equipment; reports faulty equipment to the program assistant and supervisor. Maintains adequate par levels of supplies and medications.
- Work well independently and in a team setting.
- Develop hospital policies and procedures relating to community based health care in collaboration with PFHF Manager.
- Develop, implement and evaluate appropriate patient education programs in collaboration with PHFK Manager, clinic nurses, medical director and support physicians.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a referral network of collaborative health care providers to meet the health care needs of the indigent and medically underserved.
- Collaborate with the PFHF Manager to ensure program compliance with State and regulatory agencies, including DHS, JCAHO, etc.
- Participate with program fund raising and represents the program at community events.
- Participate in on-going quality assurance programs and evaluation processes and incorporates the findings into program development and improvement.
- Budget time to complete special projects within assigned time period.
- Is prudent when ordering and using supplies for patient care.
- Documentation/Information Management:
- Communicate relevant information to PFHF staff members.
- Accurately maintain documentation of immunizations, medications and quality controls as stated in appropriate policy and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the Hospital Information System, Meditech, with emphasis on PFHF program, for registration of patients, ordering tests, billing and obtaining patient information.
- Leadership/Supervision: Oversee the overall operation of assigned clinics, responsible for acting as a community liaison and patient care resource for the mobile van members, volunteers, and Providence Family Health First physicians/clinicians.
- Development: Assume responsibility and accountability for own professional growth and practice. This includes maintaining current California State Registered Nurse license, BCLS and PALS. Attends annual updates on pertinent topics such as immunizations and EDAP. Attends regular staff meetings.
- Performance Improvement: Actively follows-up with customer complaints, participates in Quality Improvement projects including correcting deficiencies identified. Works closely with schools to provide outreach regarding van services and availability.
- Special projects, reports, and miscellaneous duties as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Sufficient for license
- Current and active California State Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS for healthcare providers certification
- 1 year experience in a public health facility or acute care setting with an emphasis in pediatrics
- Good communication skills in English/Spanish
- Basic knowledge Microsoft Computer Programs
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- PALS preferred
- 2 years of Public Health Nursing experience
About the Region you will serve.
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Anchored by five award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence provides a full spectrum of care that includes a range of specialties, signature services, outpatient and home care and the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute, a group of physicians and primary and urgent care clinics throughout the greater San Fernando Valley and South Bay. Providence is focused on providing the communities it serves with preventive care, education and leading-edge diagnostics and treatment. The organization includes numerous outreach programs. hospice and home care and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Location: California-Van Nuys
Req ID: 299545