Heart. Soul. Expertise. That’s what defines an Emory nurse. No matter where you are in your nursing career, when you chose this distinguished profession, you chose to change lives. We are proud to be the only health system in Georgia with four Magnet®-recognized hospitals: Emory University Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Emory University Hospital, and Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
We’re looking for passionate med/surg nurses who are ready to join a team that’s redefining quality nursing care. As integral members of high-functioning, inter-professional teams, Emory Healthcare’s med/surg nurses are on the frontline of care in our hospitals and operate with a full complement of specialties and the ability to care for medically complex patients.
- 6 North is A 14-bed unit specializing on the care of complex medical adult and geriatric patients.
- We deliver acute care for chronic medical conditions including cardiac on remote telemetry monitoring, neuro, renal, pulmonary and endocrine disorders.
- We manage acute on chronic pain in collaboration with our palliative care team.
- We are an Accountable Care Unit and we work in collaboration with other inter-disciplinary team members through our Structured Interdisciplinary Board Rounds platform for an individualized patient plan of care from admission to discharge.
- We deliver patient-family centered care and practice Bedside Shift Report to include patients in planning goals of care.
- In line with our Magnet journey, we are committed to the growth of every staff member and the structural empowerment of all our nurses. We mentor nurses towards professional lattice advancement and encourage specialty clinical certification.
- We value each and every team member and practice shared governance through our Unit Practice Council.
- We strive to provide the best patient care experience founded on evidence-based practices and continuous quality improvement.
This position will staff a Brand New Unit at Emory Johns Creek.