Nursing Assistant-LGMC Sitters-Full Time (Job ID: 5599)
Employment Status: FT
Cares for patients in the hospital, under the direction of nursing, by performing the following duties. Provides exceptional services and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Aids the patient at the bedside, monitoring the patient in his/her room. providing a safe, neat and clean environment.
• Assists patients with activities of daily living.
• Turns and repositions patients, alone or with assistance.
• Takes and records temperatures, blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
• Maintains the ability to interact therapeutically with the patient
• Maintains quality and productivity by demonstrating knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient; provides unit specific patient care under the direction of nursing.
• Responsible for participating in teamwork by working in a collaborative manner with multiple caregivers and adherence to the policies and procedures of LGMC.
• Responsible for maintaining communication skills by maintaining open communication with other team members regarding the patient’s performance and progress; maintaining the confidentiality of the patient; demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally through a verbal report.
• Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• License(s), Certification(s), Registration(s), Accreditation(s):
o Louisiana CNA certification required.
o CPR certification required.
• Adhere to all requirements, policies, procedures and mandatory training as identified by LGMC.
• Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior.
• Various types of medical instruments & equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas