We are looking for a Staff Nurse II - CA Nurses Association for the Emergency Services Department at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
Location: Napa, California
Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly hours
Shift: 12 hour, Nights
The Staff Nurse independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient’s plan of care.
The Staff Nurse III is a proficient clinician providing nursing care efficiently and effectively using a high level of technical and organizational skills as well as critical thinking ability.
• Provides a safe environment specific to age and development of the patient.
◦ Standard of practice for all levels:
▪ Provides safe environment specific to age and development of patient population served.
▪ Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
▪ Identifies safety issues or hazards in the work environment and communicates deficiencies appropriately.
▪ Has access to and administers and/or handles medications according to this position's license or certification standards and Medical Center policy.
• Facilitates patient care through effective communication.
◦ Standard of nursing practice for all levels:
▪ Communicates patient condition/care changes to charge nurse, supervisor, medical staff and other team members.
▪ Completes shift report and documentation in a timely manner.
▪ Anticipates and is prepared to present information to patients and families regarding plan of care.
▪ Responsible for accurate, complete, and individualized documentation of patient assessment, goals, plan of care, interventions and care provided, as well as patient's progress toward discharge goals.
▪ Actively participates in organizational decision making groups such as committees, counsels, or task forces.
▪ Recognizes and makes visible the contributions of peers.
◦ Innovative and improvement, openness, risk taking, integrity, trust, and mutual respect.
◦ A nursing code of ethics, which is securely integrated into day-to-day activities.
◦ Interdisciplinary collaboration.
◦ Advancement of nursing practice.
◦ Reward and recognition for professional achievements.
◦ Promotes participation and supports community education activities and events.
• Demonstrates behavior that supports a culture based on innovation, openness, integrity, trust and mutual respect.
◦ Standards of Practice for all levels:
▪ Acknowledges the unique contributions of each individual.
▪ Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes, and service.
▪ Creates an environment of continuous improvement.
▪ Tries new approaches and takes appropriate risks.
▪ Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
▪ Strives to be open, flexible, supportive and adaptable to change.
▪ Seeks opportunities to facilitate change and encourages others to do the same.
▪ Responds resourcefully to new demands and challenges.
▪ Maintains a constructive, positive outlook amidst change and uncertainty.
▪ Contributes positively to create and maintain a healing, healthy work environment.
▪ Advocate for resources including fiscal and technology resources to support unit and division goals.
▪ Seeks opportunities to participate in the evaluation of new technology, information system, architectural or space designs to support professional practice.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : Bachelor's Degree on Nursing.
Experience : Staff Nurse I and Staff Nurse II: Emergency Room experience
For 50 years, Queen of the Valley Medical Center has been the premiere medical facility in the Napa Valley. Our long history of providing high quality and caring service is founded on four core values: Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity. These central principles inspire us to reach out to those in need and to help heal the whole person-mind, body and spirit.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center combines the region's most qualified physicians and staff with the most advanced technology available. Because we have such high standards of care, our programs have been recognized regionally and nationally for their demonstrated success of outcome and care which is par with university hospitals.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Queen of the Valley Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Queen of the Valley Medical Center
Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: R333993