We are looking for a Clinic Registered Nurse for the HMS - Plastic Surgery Clinic Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Clinic Registered Nurse employs intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills through the utilization of the nursing process to assist patients of various ages in achieving maximum health potential. The Registered Nurse functions as a health team member through independent, interdependent and dependent roles within the health care system. Serving as the patient's advocate, the RN assumes responsibility and accountability for nursing care for patients of various ages as defined by the clinic scope. Age of patients served is defined by the clinic scope of services statement.
- Assessment: Conducts problem-oriented assessments according to standards for admission, ongoing re-assessment, transfer/discharge for all age groups. Correlates assessment data and interprets findings to identify individual patient needs and problems for all age groups.
- Initiates and updates patient plan of care based on patient condition, age, developmental status, and progress involving the patient, significant others, and health team members.
- Organizes interventions based on clinical priorities.
- Implements patient plan of care, including nursing, physician, and multidisciplinary directives, with compassion and concern for the patient's total need: emotional, spiritual, physical, comfort, safety. Advocates for each patient as a unique individual, deserving of compassion, respect and dignity without prejudice.
- Assures that patient and family receive education to promote wellness and essential skills for safe self-care.
- Coordinates all aspects of referral for services and care with the healthcare team.
- Effectively evaluates patient to recognize change in condition and intervenes appropriately (e.g., crisis intervention/therapeutic communication, physiological changes).
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills (e.g., psychomotor skills, equipment use and troubleshooting, IV therapy, medication administration).
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
- Resource Utilization: Ensures that appropriate supplies and equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective manner.
- Safety: Helps to provide a clean, comfortable environment for customers and others by taking appropriate safety precautions and responds to urgent safety situations effectively.
- Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrates initiative in assisting others and performing other duties based on skill level and training orientation.
- Uses all work time productively in work-related activities.
- Quality Improvement Program: Participates in clinic problem solving, suggests improvements, and facilitates change. CQI involvement on clinic/SJHS-HC level.
- Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
- Efficiently communicates with SJHS-HC/clinic physicians, patients and employees both in person and by telephone.
- Reads and comprehends written instructions, able to interpret medical orders, correspondence, memorandums and medical records.
- Applies deductive and common sense reasoning abilities to problem solve on a frequent basis. Initiative and the ability to make independent judgments
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school or Proof of licensure by the state of California.
- Successfully passing a pharmacology test administered with a score of 85% or greater.
- State of California as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: Experience in medical clinics.
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: R330069