Under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Technician performs various duties assisting unit staff nurses and clerical specialists to ensure efficient operations and safe patient care following established procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Must be able to provide the care needed according to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- May have access to areas where medications are stored and/or prepared for purposes of fulfilling job duties
- Must have current licensure in Virginia as a Certified Nursing Assistant
Must have completed the first round of clinical rotations in an RN program.
- 6 months of previous experience as a PCT, nursing assistant, or CNA
- Phlebotomy, EKG, registration, and computer experience preferred
Some benefits of working at Augusta Health include:
- Insurance package including health, dental, and vision
- Retirement savings helping you to plan for your future
- Generous paid time off to promote work life balance
- Free onsite parking
- 24/7 armed security to ensure your safety
- Shift and weekend differentials
- Flexible scheduling
- Clinical ladder career path program
- Shared governance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite child care
- Augusta Health Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Individualized orientation with dedicated preceptor
- Onsite credit union
- Employee discounts including the cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and movie tickets
Augusta Health recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran or military discharge status, and family medical or genetic information.