Under general supervision, the R.N. demonstrates thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy, clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and serves as a resource for the R.N. I and support staff. Collaborates with leadership in developing and implementing the Spartanburg Medical Center culture, Vision, Mission and goals.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- New Graduate to Veteran Nurse
- Current RN licensure in the state of South Carolina or Compact State
Core Job Responsibilities
- Successfully completes hospital and unit based orientation programs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Assesses assigned patients’ medical history, admitting diagnosis and physician’s orders, obtaining nursing history, performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of patients
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient’s progress or any change in the patient’s condition
- Identifies appropriate evidence-based standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding, bedside shift report, and Care Board information
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital based practices
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Serves on unit based committees
- Other Duties as assigned
As a part of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Pelham Medical Center consists of 48 inpatient rooms and is continuously expanding services to meet the needs of patients. Conveniently located at Westmoreland Road and Highway 14 in Greer, the state-of-the-art facility is a national award winner for its design. The hospital design focuses on both comfort and convenience for patients and visitors. This focus carries over into each patient room with several room features designed to maximize functional efficiency and effectiveness for the patient care team without disturbing the patient.