CRISIS INTERVENTION SPECIALIST – BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (2 SOUTH)
Marietta Memorial Hospital, 401 Matthew Street, Marietta, Ohio, United States of America
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Crisis Intervention Specialist is responsible for evaluating and assessing the mental health and/or substance use of the patient by providing behavioral health pre-screenings, psychosocial assessments, crisis intervention, and referral management to patients and their families. This position is responsible for assisting patients and their families in understanding and learning to cope with behavioral crisis and in facilitation of appropriate transition or admission planning for those patients needing assistance. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
- Registered Nursing Degree OR Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field required.
- Licensed in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse or Social Worker required OR must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Counselor within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of one year of case management or psychiatric experience required.
- Strong communication and clinical skills.
- Ability to interact congenially and empathetically.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as necessary.
- Provides emotional support, crisis intervention, and discharge planning services according to department procedures.
- Assesses and develops an appropriate plan for patients and/or families to assure continuity of care needs are met.
- Completes comprehensive assessments, interventions, and documentation in the patient’s medical record according to written guidelines.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills necessary to assist with explanation and completion of Advance Directives
- Provides crisis stabilization services, evaluations, intakes, pre-hospital screening, in a variety of locations including in all Memorial Health System locations.
- Emphasizes brief psychological and behavioral interventions with persons in need of crisis intervention.
- Provides emergency mental health evaluations of persons who may require involuntary and/or voluntary hospitalizations.
- Provides hospital pre-screening of individuals seeking psychiatric hospitalization.
- Facilitates psychiatric hospitalizations when needed, as well as alternative plans of care.
- Provides sufficient collateral contacts to assure high level of care for individual clients.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Compensation Details: Education, experience, and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. Minimum hiring rate for this position is listed below.
PRN positions are not benefit eligible.
Memorial Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Min Hiring Rate