Under the general supervision of the Registered Nurse, the LPN is responsible for the provision of nursing care as appropriate to the ages of the patients served. The LPN Utilizes the nursing process to perform skilled nursing functions in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, Federal and State guidelines. The LPN participates with the RN through data collection in assessing, planning, coordinating and implementing, and evaluating the plan of care. The LPN contributes to monitoring the plan of care to ensure quality, appropriately, timeliness and effectiveness of the care rendered.
- Administer medications and infusion therapy within the Parrish Medical Center scope of practice, Nurse Practice Act and Federal and State guidelines.
- Performs physical and psychosocial assessment including growth and development of the patient, and re-assessment under the general supervision of the RN.
- Participates in the daily care of patients as planned & directed by the RN. Actively participates in the multi-disciplinary team conference and collaborates with other health team members to meet patients educational and discharge planning needs. Appropriately delegates tasks to the nursing attendant according to skills competency.
- Implements direct patient care and treatments.
- Evaluates patient status and response to care and treatments under the supervision of the RN. Evaluate the effectiveness of planned interventions in relation to patient responses and the attainment of expected outcomes. Document and communicate actions to maintain continuity among the nursing team.
Vocational or other technical school, certifications, training or apprenticeship required beyond High School.
1 year to 2 years.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- State of Florida LPN Licenses
- IV Certification
Parrish Healthcare is a caring community of healthcare professionals passionate about excellence and fulfilling our mission of providing Healing Experiences For Everyone All The Time®.
Parrish Healthcare has a Culture of Choice®. This means a we have a healing work environment that empowers people to aspire to be their very best. We partner passionate, talented and skilled people in the right role with the right resources. We provide a clear and strategic direction to achieve superior results on behalf of the communities we serve.