Providence is calling a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Home Infusion, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Central Seattle area of Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Complete assessment of physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients, following verification of assessment skills.
- Participate in formally greeting and welcoming patients. Interview patients, record vital signs and weights, provide clinical monitoring, schedule/outline follow-up visits, ensure completion of visit-related paperwork including signatures from patients/representatives, utilize, review and retrieve as appropriate clinical information from the medical record(s) promptly and accurately documents findings in the medical record.
- Directly participates in implementation of outlined elements within the plan of treatment. Function within the limits of the practical nurse law, in home health regulations as applicable, ministry/HCC policies and procedures, local/regional and national regulations, Joint Commission and individual skills and competency.
- Assist in evaluation of nursing care; questions and clarifies procedures, treatments, and medications that may not be appropriate for the patients physical/mental status at that time.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse may administer medications via all routes with the following requirements related to intravenous/injectable medication administration. Intravenous/Injectable medication may be administered by an LPN if they are competent in that skill. Administration may occur on a case by case basis for non-documented competencies under the direct supervision of an RN. Defer/report nursing issues outside their scope to the RN Supervisor/Manager.
- Assist by providing input and information to the RN in planning a formal written plan of treatment for patients.
- Perform treatments, or assists in treatments and procedures following verification of skills via the skills/competencies checklist.
- Perform specialized procedures under the direct/indirect supervision of the RN. Examples of nursing treatments that require specialized nursing skills include: peripheral IV starts, PICC/CVC dressing change, port-a-cath access/deaccess, SQ infusion, pump programming/reprogramming, line maintenance, declotting of central line, lab draws from peripheral and central lines and suture removal.
- Timely documents observations and information according to ministry/HCC policies and procedures. Prepares clinical and progress notes within the specified time frame.
- Keep RN Supervisor/Manager and other stakeholder colleagues within Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services informed regarding changing status/condition of patients and/or other pertinent observations or learned information (e.g. demographic, insurance changes, etc.).
- Promote and practice patient/family, personal and environmental safety while performing job duties according to ministry/HCC policies and procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Education sufficient for licensure.
- Current licensure as a Practical/Vocational Nurse in the state(s) in which they practice.
- Current State Driver’s license in state in which they reside and have access to daily use of an insured, reliable vehicle.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 1 year of Infusion, hospital, nursing home, or home health experience.
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila and Spokane, Washington provides pharmaceutical services to patients in communities throughout Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes are our priorities. Our services include nutrition and pharmacological therapies to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Suites, disease management and related specialized infusion therapies, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition consulting and support services.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN/LVN
Req ID: 295761