We are looking for a Quality Management Nurse for the Quality Assurance Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Clinical Excellence Registered Nurse Specialist (CERNS) is an area wide position that provides support in areas of Quality, Patient Safety, and Regulatory Readiness for the Clinical Excellence Department (Quality Management, Risk Management, and Infection Prevention). The CERNS works collaboratively with department leadership to provide surveillance, support the Risk Manager with Root Cause Analysis, implementation of Action Plans and monitoring, and demonstrates compliance with regulatory requirements. The CERNS focuses on Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals, including compliance, monitoring and education. The CERNS collaborates with Case Management and local primary care clinics to examine data related to Readmission Reduction for patients with CMS-specific diagnoses. The CERNS is knowledgeable in quality improvement, quality control, performance improvement, statistical analysis, visual presentation methodologies, tools, and techniques as well as HITECH and HIPAA requirements. This position requires facilitating and maintaining strong, positive, mature, and collaborative working relationships with all departments, the Leadership Team, and the Medical Staff.
- Provides leadership and support to strategically develop scientifically based- nursing interventions, education, and actionable measures that align with ministry, regional and health system quality, patient safety and patient experience goals.
- Provides a high degree of clinical competence and demonstrates a high level of autonomy in support for all performance improvement/clinical excellence and organizational excellence.
- Provides expertise in assessing and analyzing current practices and processes to identify best practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Designs and participates in regulatory readiness activities like patient tracers, drills, simulations and audits.
- In collaboration with Case Management and local primary care clinics, focuses on the CMS-specific diagnoses (AMI, Pneumonia, CABG, HF, COPD, Hip/Knee) and readmission reduction.
- In collaboration with the ministry Performance Improvement Departments, utilizes LEAN
- Methodology to evaluate processes and develop solutions to performance issues, conducts patient safety roundtables, Failure, Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and participates in root cause analysis (RCA) and action planning.
- Develops projections and appropriately prioritizes duties to meet or exceed deadlines with a high quality end product. Prepares timelines and action plans for services and programs, and provides assistance and guidance to others in the development of quality improvement projects.
- Provides training support in the areas of quality, patient safety and regulatory readiness as appropriate. A Core Contributor to all Quality and Patient Safety Curriculum.
- Assists in developing and implementing a uniform approach for evaluating proposed new programs and initiatives.
- Proficient in science of nursing, critical thinking, statistical knowledge, change management Lean and Quality Improvement
- Knowledge of Change Management, Just Culture, Crucial Conversations theory and process
- Proficient in the use of clinical software and devices like the electronic medical record, Alaris pumps and all devices that are relevant to nursing practice
- In depth knowledge of patient flow and how flow impacts patient outcomes and experience
- Proven track record in the successful deployment of evidence based practice resulting in sustained, improved clinical outcomes and an optimal patient experience
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex information and move between micro and macro levels of information.
- Well-developed quality, patient safety and regulatory readiness experience.
- Prioritization and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Resiliency and flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong, self-starter as well as team builder.
- Able to use Excel, Powerpoint, Access and related software programs for analyzing, presenting and updating quality data.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong sense of accountability and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current healthcare trends and developments.
- An independent/flexible problem solver with ability to cope positively with changes in the work environment.
- Able to participate and support team activities and embrace the values of the ministry and the unique talents of those we work with here at SJHS.
- Ability to work with healthcare data and reporting systems.
- Professional attitude conducive to working in a team approach environment under changing pressures and situations.
- Able to work and interact with all levels of management and stakeholders.
- Able to guide and instruct others in the use of quality improvement tools.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with formal training and experience in Quality and Patient Safety. Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred.
- Held a clinical nurse position in the acute care setting for at least 5 years
- 5 years’ experience in a position that required expertise in quality and patient safety at the unit and the health system level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Licenses/Certifications: California RN license; BLS certification
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Quality Nursing
Req ID: R332889