Providence is calling a Coordinator Clinical Resources (Nurse Administration , Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide visionary leadership to motivate and facilitate the provision of overall patient and resident care services.
- Ensure that care, processes, policies and procedures are provided to meet state and federal regulations for surveys and is consistent with the accepted standards of practice for Critical Access Hospital and Long Term Care licensing. Collaborates with other staff to identify, prioritize, investigate and resolve regulatory and compliance issues related to Federal, State and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that required processes are adhered to for Swing Bed Program to meet compliance with State and Federal regulations. Oversees the smooth processing of patients in the Swing Bed program. Provides resource and guidance to assist the clinical staff in their duties, responsibilities, and oversight through the different stages of the patients stay.
- Assist the clinical areas to achieve Quality Improvement outcomes and National Patient Safety Goals. This may include tracking, auditing, and education.
- Perform Employee Health Nurse functions and supports the clinical departments with Infection Control processes.
- Responsible for education program planning, development and implementation. This includes, but is not limited to, developing, expanding and validating educational needs and competencies required; developing training programs and processes; teaching courses. Oversees the clinical education processes and assures that all clinical staff are properly trained and oriented to perform their jobs in the work environment. Acts as a positive change agent to assist clinicians with the dynamic nature of using new equipment or systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to define, and organize requirements for automating processes and/or evaluating and replacing the EHR system. Identifies, analyzes, designs, tests, and implements improvements to existing system and associated workflow processes. Assists staff to incorporate the improved workflow changes related to the information systems into their daily practice; resolve information system problems; develops and maintains supporting documents, protocols, policies and procedures as well as downtime procedures for use at the facility.
- Facilitate community outreach educational programs that will enhance recruitment and retention. These courses may include teaching Certified Nursing Assistant, Feeding Assistant program, and others as identified.
- Support department educational processes including, but not limited to, sorting completed educational documentation; data entry in Health Stream; filing employee education records (Competencies, SIMS, Live Courses); facilitate documentation for SIM post test and evaluation information into Health Stream web templates, etc.
- Assist the nursing managers in staffing and scheduling. Provides direct patient care as is listed in the Registered Nurse job description.
- Perform all duties of Staff Registered Nurse job description.
- Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
- Maintain positive client relations with strong communication and coordination skills.
- Complete Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license with the State of Alaska
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire
- 3 years of Nursing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or equivalent experience
- 3 years as a Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 293690