Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant, Registered (NAR) (Variable Shift, 1.0 FTE/40 hours a week) to work in Long Term Care at Providence Mount St. Vincent in Seattle, Washington.
The Nursing Assistant, Registered (NAR) fulfills the Mission of Providence Health & Services in working with residents, employees, visitors, and volunteers. PH&S Core Values of respect, excellence, compassion, justice, and stewardship are demonstrated through personalized resident care ("knowing the resident"), excellent customer service, and reliable work habits.
The NAR follows all relevant policies and procedures and works within the Nursing Assistant-Registered scope of practice. Activities of the NAR are supervised by the nurse on duty during the shift, and the NAR reports important resident information to the nurse during the shift and at change-of-shift report
In this position you will:
- Promotes and advocates for resident right:
- Provides privacy during care.
- Encourages residents to make choices in daily routines and activities.
- Protects the dignity of each resident.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident information.
- Reports and prevents neglect and abuse and situations where rights are being violated.
- Functions as an integral part of the care team:
- Is knowledgeable of each resident’s history, health status, strengths, needs and personal preferences.
- Works with resident and interdisciplinary team to develop scheduling of daily care based on resident preferences, past history and lifestyle.
- Reports changes in resident condition to nurse or Nurse Manager in a consistent and timely manner. Attends and participates in care conferences and shift change report.
- Participates in development of the interdisciplinary care plan with resident and interdisciplinary team. Suggests changes to care plan based on resident needs, preferences, and restorative potential.
- Documents care provided accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides holistic, consistent, and compassionate care to residents:
- Assists residents with personal hygiene and grooming needs according to resident choices, preferences, and the interdisciplinary care plan.
- Assists in meal distribution and resident assistance as needed.
- Provides resident care under the direction of the nurse, and in accordance with PMSV nursing care standards and the individualized resident care plan.
- Encourages and assists residents with restorative care and rehabilitation when it is part of the interdisciplinary care plan.
- Assists residents in meeting emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
- Incorporates recreation preferences and schedules into daily care.
- Assists resident to recreational events and participates in events with residents.
- Spends social time with resident.
- Leads or coordinates activities in collaboration with the Recreation Coordinator, dining services, and spiritual care.
- Assists in maintenance of a comfortable and safe environment:
- Identifies broken or damaged equipment or furniture and requests maintenance and repair.
- Works with interdisciplinary team members in identifying need for assessment and implementation of assistive and safety devices.
- Balances concern for residents’ health and safety with their rights of choice and independence.
- Understands and follows fire safety, disaster preparedness and emergency care policies and procedures. May participate in Safety Committee and Quality Project Teams.
- Understands and follows Information Security and Privacy Standards policies and procedures.
- Understands and follows infection control policies and procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Assistant Registered; must obtain Nursing Assistant Certification within 120 days of hire.
- CPR certification must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Customer Service
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Mount St. Vincent is an innovative care community for primarily older adults. "The Mount" is home to more than 400 people. Programs offered include assisted living, skilled nursing in specially designed neighborhoods, short-stay sub-acute care, an adult day program and the Intergenerational Learning Center for child care. We are West Seattle's largest employer with nearly 500 employees representing more than 27 countries of origin.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 295652