Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Medical Oncology, Days, 0.75 FTE) to Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Accept and support the mission and values of Holy Family Hospital.
- Support the Performance Improvement process.
- Maintain a safe environment for staff, patients, and visitors.
- Consider individual needs in communication with and assessment and treatment of patients and staff, including ethical, cultural, psychosocial, religious, and age-specific aspects, for age's adolescent through the elderly.
- Support patient rights and the organization’s code of ethical behavior.
- Follow the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments & Compliance Integrity Program, Personnel Policies and Procedures, and any other organizational or departmental materials related to compliance with laws and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with, or performs, according to scope of practice, a timely assessment of patients, according to policies, procedures, and protocols, taking into account age/developmental stage.
- Gather, document (as appropriate) and communicate patient data.
- Perform and document general care activities.
- Perform special procedures:
- Perform cast/traction care, if applicable.
- Apply CPM machine under guidance of RN, if applicable.
- Assist with post-mortem care.
- Perform age/developmentally appropriate routine and procedural teaching to patients and families.
- Perform simple dressing changes, replaces Band-Aid type dressings and covers surgical wounds for shower.
- Apply hot packs/cold packs/k-pads as directed.
- Complete specimen collections as directed (e.g. urine, stool) utilizing standard precautions.
- Demonstrate the following according to HFH Standards:
- Identify own learning needs, and seeks out resources or attends offerings to meet those needs.
- Complete mandatory educational assignments required by department/hospital. See CE Record
- Attend a minimum of 4 staff meetings, and all mandatory. Gives input for content of staff meetings. Responsible for content of staff meetings.
- Initiate occurrence reports when appropriate. Utilizes chain of command appropriately for problem solving.
- Read and initial unit correspondence, memos, minutes, etc.
- Function as a dependable team member, assisting when requested and volunteering when the need is obvious.
- Perform receptionist and clerical activities (Unit Secretary only):
- Receive, greet and direct patients, visitors, callers and hospital personnel, providing accurate response in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Receive service, telephone calls and information requests and responds by initiating proper paperwork or phone calls in a timely manner
- Receive and distributes items for patients assuring accuracy.
- Track patient and chart location when patient is off the unit; orders old charts as available on new patients or when ordered by physician
- Monitor that individual patients are charged correctly for all chargeable items.
- Demonstrate familiarity with medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel for repair of defective equipment. Initiates repairs with Bio-Medical and Physical Plant when necessary.
- Order/obtain and delivers items, isolation carts, storeroom inventories and stock nourishments for the unit.
- Assemble new chart packs to maintain unit PAR level
- Assist/perform and document ADL activities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Current WA State Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Experience in acute hospital setting
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital in Spokane, Washington, offering a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services. The hospital primarily serves north Spokane County—the fastest growing area in our region. We are currently licensed for more than 270 beds. As a not-for-profit Catholic hospital, every dollar we earn goes back to the community we serve. Providence Holy Family Hospital received several Five Star safety and excellence awards last year, including Patient Safety, Pulmonary, Respiratory and Critical Care.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 294658