We are looking for a Charge Nurse II for the Chemical Dependency I-P Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Laguna Beach, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 72 biweekly hours
Shift: 12 hour, Nights
Under the direction of the nurse manager, the Charge Nurse provides an optimal practice environment and assists the nurse manager in overseeing and directing unit activities and personnel in order to ensure high quality patient care. Plans, organizes, controls and coordinates the department activities for a shift ensuring high quality patient care and efficient, cost effective service. Adheres to the ANA Nursing Administration: Scope and Standards of Practice.
Consistently demonstrates expert use of the nursing process and acts as a role model for unit staff.
◦ Provides care coordination prior to admission through screening, patient placement, bed and RN assignments, and rounding on patients with provider and staff.
◦ Effectively manages patient flow through attendance at daily bed and care manager meetings where applicable.
◦ Proactively anticipates changes in patient’s status based on comprehensive assessments and initiates plans to prevent potential problems.
◦ Demonstrates clear and professional communication with all members of the healthcare team by facilitating effective and timely communication of patient-related information.
◦ Provides immediate follow-up on the physician concerns and ensures that physician orders are completed accurately and timely.
◦ Proactively conducts patient rounds, huddles, communicates and intervenes on behalf of patients and families at risk. Provides timely follow through on all patient problems and communicates to appropriate physicians, managers and other departments as necessary.
• Implementing Care:
◦ Offers support and guidance to staff in delivering complex patient care.
◦ Ensure immediate clinical needs are met and provide/assist with patient care as needed.
• Evaluating Care:
◦ Proactively communicates with patient’s families, physicians and staff to ensure an optimum level of quality and coordination of care.
◦ Provides leadership in the coordination of multidisciplinary healthcare resources for integrated delivery of patient care and services.
- Resource Utilization & Financial Management:
Efficiently manages staffing and scheduling to ensure adequate staffing for patient acuity, budget and census. Ability to manage shift operations and reacts positively and productively to changes. Effectively manages staffing costs/unit of service by monitoring and optimization utilization of resources in support of department productivity goals.
• Finalizes staff assignment records to ensure they are complete and accurate.
• Accurately manages time and attendance process.
• Assists in evaluating products and services, and recommends purchase of new or replacement supplies and equipment for unit.
• Provides monitoring of overtime and approves as necessary. Includes adhering to time keeping standards per policy, to include meal and rest periods.
• Provides accurate and consistent data in support of daily productivity variance reports.
• Demonstrates understanding of current productivity tools.
• Provides guidance and management of needed resources and staffing to ensure positive patient outcomes.
• Development, maintenance and/or updating of department staff schedules.
- Communication & Collaboration:
Communicates timely, accurate information to staff through formal and informal staff meetings. Actively supports the shared governance process by arranging staff schedules to promote participation in unit-based and council meetings.
• Serves as a resource person for patient care personnel and aids in resolving questions related to policies, standards and patient care techniques and procedures.
• Partners with all members of the health care team through interdisciplinary activities such as education, consultation, technological development, or research opportunities.
• Shares knowledge and skills with peers and colleagues through activities such as care conferences or presentations at formal or informal meetings.
• Communicates quarterly and as needed with assigned groups to keep staff informed of unit and Ministry initiatives.
• Ensures huddles are lead with proactive communication based on culture of service standards and include staff recognition component.
• Ensures staff participation in daily huddle.
Assists with interviewing, hiring and orienting of unit personnel. Evaluates the work of staff and makes recommendations to the nurse manager regarding coaching and mentoring. Collaborates with the nurse manager to implement disciplinary action as necessary. Supports and assists in the performance appraisal process.
• Participates in the recruitment process, uses recruitment software to screen candidates, schedule interviews. Assists with interviewing, recommends the hire of and orientation of new personnel.
• Ensures all new hire orientation is complete and that all unit specific employment expectations are reviewed i.e. Time logs, vacation requests, time off, payroll edits etc.
• Evaluates the work of unit staff. Identifies performance improvement opportunities and collaborates with nurse manager to coach, counsel and implement disciplinary actions, as necessary.
• Participates in Peer Review process and collaborates with nurse manager to complete performance appraisals on time.
• Provides opportunities for staff growth and development through appropriate delegation, coaching, and performance analysis.
- Improving Performance & Quality of Practice:
Develops and implements unit goals and programs with the nurse manager utilizing current nursing research and evidence based practice.
• Assists the nurse manager in identifying and driving quality performance programs and activities.
• Evaluates patient care and outcomes based on the quality performance program, establishes, implements, and monitors corrective changes in clinical practice.
• Evaluates the practice environment in relationships to innovation, evidenced based practice and research.
• Contributes to the evaluation of the effectiveness of strategies in relation to nurse-sensitive indicators, stakeholder responses, and attainment of expected outcomes and adjusts strategies as needed.
• Completes unit based audits in response to quality improvement, hospital and unit based goals.
Ensures consistent compliance with TJC, Title 22, CMS and other community, state and federal regulatory agencies.
• Assists in revising and/or developing department policies in relationship to regulatory requirements.
• Implements, administers, and monitors approved policies and Standards of care/practice.
• Maintains unit safety standards by ensuring the staff follows proper safety procedures, identifying and correcting/reporting safety procedures, and identifying and correcting/reporting safety issues as necessary.
• Performs routine environment of care / safety rounds on every shift.
• Participates in Mock Surveys and identifies and develops actions plans to address gaps in regulatory requirements to ensure survey readiness.
- Leadership & Professional Practice:
Demonstrates consistent ability to lead and manage daily operations and reacts positively under pressure. Acts as a role model for facilitating and implementing change effectively. Promotes and enhances collaborative / caring relationships with colleagues and contributes to a caring environment. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with peers, providers and ancillary departments. Provides positive leadership and supervision to all staff on the unit, particularly new employees / less experienced staff and provides ongoing recognition for staff contributions and outcomes.
• Actively participates in committees and councils, acts as mentor to unit shared governance council chairpersons.
• Continually seeks professional development through ongoing education opportunities and skill and leadership development. Supports professional development of and advocates for unit staff.
• Acquires knowledge and skills appropriate to the specialty area, practice setting, role, or situation.
• Actively supports the Ministry strategic goals at the unit level.
Follows-up completely on problems and appropriately communicates status of unresolved issues to nurse manager. Understands chain of command and proactively problem solves.
• Actively participates in creating and implementing strategies identified to meet unit and house wide patient satisfaction goals.
• Provides timely service recovery to patients, family members and ancillary departments.
• Participates in active rounding on patients and staff.
• Advocates on behalf of all parties with the intent of maintaining a collaborative environment and obtaining positive resolution to conflict.
Assures the preservation and protection of the autonomy, dignity and rights of individuals.
• Knowledgeable of all aspects of corporate compliance.
• Maintains confidentiality within legal and regulatory parameters (standard 12.3).
• Promotes, advocates for and strives to protect the health, safety, and rights of patients.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to follow Agency's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Knowledgeable of federal Conditions of Participation, state licensing regulations and accreditation standards and is able to interpret regulations for clinical staff to ensure patient advocacy, informed decision making and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Knowledgeable of OASIS, basic coding, evidence-based care standards.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and network policy.
- Current knowledge in clinical area.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Charge Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse experience.
- 2 years - Recent clinical experience in specialty area.
- Current CA RN license.
- Current BLS.
- Current ACLS or PALS as applicable to the area (Critical Care, Telemetry, ED, PACU, Endo Lab, CV Lab, Card. Rehab, Pulmonary Medicine).
- Current NRP (OB & LD).
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring (L&D).
- Within 6 months of hire, certification in nursing administration, management or specialty area as approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Magnet.
- For RNs in the Emergency Department of Laguna Beach effective 1/1/2019, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is required within 6 months from hire for external hires and transfers and required by 11/15/2019 for internal.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : Master's Degree in Nursing.
Experience : Leadership experience
License/Certification : 2nd Professional Certification in Nursing Administration or management, as approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Magnet.
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange County.
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: R333204