Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (0.8 FTE, Days) to work in Medical Oncology at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. He or she is also responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel, as states above, that participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met.
In this position you will:
- Collects pertinent assessment data that includes present condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial information utilizing input from patient, significant other, and/or healthcare team members as applicable. Interprets data to identify the patient’s needs and potential problems.
- Develops, reviews, and revises an individualized care plan within the time frame identified in documentation standards. Establishes expected outcomes that are measurable and achievable.
- Evaluates patient’s response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate. Documents changes in condition and interventions.
- Utilizes nursing process to incorporate teaching into delivery of patient care. Documents teaching and learning.
- Utilizes the nursing process to prepare for discharge/transfer, beginning with admission and continuing throughout hospitalization. Document the discharge/transfer process.
- Delivers patient care based on pathophysiology and nursing principles. Performs technical skills with accuracy and efficiency. Establishes and adjusts priorities based on patient acuity and changing clinical situations.
- Recognizes the patient’s age as a relevant factor and applies appropriate decision-making skills in the assessment, treatment, and care provided for the patient.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians and coworkers. Is a patient advocate. Utilizes resources effectively. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Documents complete and accurate information on all appropriate chart forms. Reports to oncoming shift in a concise, accurate and relevant manner utilizing the care plan.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Bachelor's Degree in Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire -or- equivalent educ/experience
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- RNs employed prior to 1/1/13 are encouraged to obtain a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Nursing, but obtaining the degree will not be a condition of employment
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Fundamentals of Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Administration within 90 days for SCI Medical Oncology, SCI Hematology/Oncology & Ballard Satellite
- Fundamentals of Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Administration within 90 days for SCI Edmonds Medical Oncology excluding radiation oncology
- Experience acquired from Accredited Registered School of Nursing. (Specialty areas may require additional experience and/or certification.).
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing upon hire
- National certificate in area of specialization
About the First Hill Campus
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Work Locations: First Hill Arnold Bldg (WA181) 1221 Madison Seattle, 98104
Req ID: 295594