Responsible for providing and coordinating interdisciplinary patient care utilizing the nursing process.
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relationship Based Care reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience. Relationship with Self and Colleagues
- Relationship Based Care: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience. Relationship with Patients and Families
- Expert Caring encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
Position Compensation Range: $26.22 - $43.40 Hourly
- Education: Graduate of accredited nursing program, Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
- Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.