The patient Safety Assistant provides patient care services under the clinical supervision of the Unit Manager in order to provide quality direct care in the inpatient setting. Works as a valued member of the professional team to ensure patient and unit safety through observation duties.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES/CRITICAL TASKS
• Constantly aware of the safety needs of patients, employees and visitors.
• Communicates effectively with patients, families, visitors and other members of the health care team.
• Demonstrates professional behavior.
• Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
• Assists with patient restraints and patient specific safety precautions.
• Provides and maintains a clean, safe environment.
• Required to maintain competency in the patient safety functions related to their position.
• Completion of Annual Mandatory Training, TB testing, and FIT testing.
• Accountable for the identification and reduction of unsafe practices that could cause harm to patients.
• Other duties, as assigned.