Hours: 6:45 AM - End Time: 7:15 PM
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Holidays/Weekends as assigned
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides direct age-specific care to selected residents and performs selected activities, utilizing the Resident Assessment Instrument and the Nursing process based on delegation by the Registered Nurse. Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental, treatment needs of residents, staff and others coming into the facility facilities and visitors ranging in age from early adult to late adult.
The qualified candidate must possess a current LPN license to practice in South Carolina, along with strong computer skills, ability to coordinate and file alphabetically, and excellent professional communication skills.
Core Job Responsiblities include:
- Monitors and controls noise at desk to ensure professional conduct and appearance; assures the nursing station desk is attended
- Maintains a clean, neat and organized desk area to facilitate workflow, ensuring confidential and PHI information is properly secured
- Skilled in data entry – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skillfully operate and maintain computer, printer and fax machines; telephone system
- Routinely maintains standards of CMS/ Medicare/Medicaid Standards and other licensing and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates practice to maintain a safe environment and reports safety issues for residents, visitors, co-workers and self
- Recognizes risk management situations and reports them in a timely manner.
- Promptly reports equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel; uses chain of command when reporting problems/concerns
- Demonstrates compliance with policies regarding HIPAA and resident confidentiality, confidentiality of facility information and residents' rights and responsibilities; demonstrates knowledge of the purpose of the Ethics Committee, including referral process
- Successfully completes initial orientation and annual required computerized training, competencies and annual health evaluation
- Attends unit staff meetings, applying knowledgeable of facility's policies and procedures, medical terminology and specific services of departments
- Identifies and actively supports positive relations within team and across department lines; maintains an open and positive attitude by a willingness to participate in new initiatives