Clinic Nursing Assistant/CNA - Cardiology Clinic (Full-time; days)
Hays Medical Center
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Assists physician with patient care, takes vital signs, completes registration process, collects patient identification and demographics, answer phones, schedules appointments and maintains fax queue.
- Collects patient identification and demographics, HIPAA forms, insurance information, collects co-pay.
- Documents indicated signs/symptoms and consent for treatment. - Completes and maintains registration process.
- Schedules appointments, tests and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes.
- Documents vital signs, patient response to intervention/therapy and test results.
- Maintains fax queue.
- Sends patient communication regarding appointments/tests/procedures.
- Receives/distributes mail, answers phones, screens and directs caller’s retrieves records from storage; and maintains reception/waiting area.
- Prepares, maintains and files/scans records.
- Successful completion of a nurse assistant training program.
- Knowledge of general nursing assistant functions.
- Current nursing assistant certification in the State of Kansas.
- BLS certification required or must complete BLS certification with in the first two weeks of employment
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at Hays Medical Center based on the following criteria:
Primary - required (routine) to do the job
Secondary - required for the job, but mostly be exception
None - no approved access
Description of Information Level
- Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion
- Clinical Information (information that describes a patient's health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical
- Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates
- Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes
Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Training's could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.