ICU Tech-LGMC ICU-Full Time (Job ID: 5186)
Cares for patients in the hospital, or other medical facility, under direction of nursing, by performing the following duties. Provides exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide support for patient care and clerical duties.
• Assist patient with comfort needs, bathing, hygiene, ambulation, feeding, positioning, and transporting.
• Answers call lights to determine patients' needs.
• Changes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
• Admit/discharge patients in the computer system.
• Maintain and order supplies as necessary.
• Assure that sufficient stationary is maintained in all charts.
• Monitors supply usage, orders supplies as necessary, and stocks patient rooms/work areas with supplies.
• Files patient related reports in the appropriate manner and requests patient tests/procedures in an appropriate and self-directed manner.
• Observes and interprets cardiac monitor with identification of lethal arrhythmias and notifies charge nurse of any issues.
• Maintains a neat and clean patient environment.
• Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Completion of Basic ECG course
License(s), Certification(s), Registration(s), Accreditation(s)
• Louisiana CNA certification
• CPR Certification
• Various types of medical instruments & equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Medium Work – Medium level work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21 – 50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11- 25 pounds on a frequent basis.
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving of patients. Walking about from patients’ rooms as well as to and from various hospital areas.