Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant Registered (Transitional Care, Evenings, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Promotes and advocates for resident right:
- Provides privacy during care.
- Encourages residents to make choices in daily routines and activities.
- Protects the dignity of each resident.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident information.
- Reports and prevents neglect and abuse and situations where rights are being violated.
- Functions as an integral part of the care team:
- Is knowledgeable of each resident’s history, health status, strengths, needs and personal preferences.
- Works with resident and interdisciplinary team to develop scheduling of daily care based on resident preferences, past history and lifestyle.
- Reports changes in resident condition to nurse or Nurse Manager in a consistent and timely manner. Attends and participates in care conferences and shift change report.
- Participates in development of the interdisciplinary care plan with resident and interdisciplinary team. Suggests changes to care plan based on resident needs, preferences, and restorative potential.
- Documents care provided accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides holistic, consistent, and compassionate care to residents:
- Assists residents with personal hygiene and grooming needs according to resident choices, preferences, and the interdisciplinary care plan.
- Assists in meal distribution and resident assistance as needed.
- Provides resident care under the direction of the nurse, and in accordance with PMJCC nursing care standards and the individualized resident care plan.
- Encourages and assists residents with restorative care and rehabilitation when it is part of the interdisciplinary care plan.
- Assists residents in meeting emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
- Incorporates recreation preferences and schedules into daily care.
- Assists resident to recreational events and participates in events with residents.
- Spends social time with resident.
- Leads or coordinates activities in collaboration with the Recreation Coordinator, dining services, and spiritual care.
- Assists in maintenance of a comfortable and safe environment:
- Identifies broken or damaged equipment or furniture and requests maintenance and repair.
- Works with interdisciplinary team members in identifying need for assessment and implementation of assistive and safety devices.
- Balances concern for residents’ health and safety with their rights of choice and independence.
- Understands and follows fire safety, disaster preparedness and emergency care policies and procedures. May participate in Safety Committee and Quality Project Teams.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Assistant Registered; must obtain Nursing Assistant Certification within 120 days of hire
- CPR certification must be obtained within 30 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Customer Service
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Mother Joseph Care Center in Olympia, Washington serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in “neighborhoods” and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 293035