Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We’re proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country’s leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Registered Nurse—Cardiac Cath. Lab to join the Mountainside Team!
What You’ll Do
The Registered Nurse—Cardiac Cath. Lab will be responsible for providing quality nursing care in collaboration with the medical staff.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Administer patient medications
- Update patient charting and document on the procedure
- Assist in interventional procedures
- Monitor for signs and symptoms of infections or side effects of the procedure
- Monitor and document patient vital signs
- Monitor patient sedation levels during and after the procedure
- Preparedness for emergency situations
- Examination of the patient pre and post-catheterization
- Circulate and scrub during neuro, cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology procedures
- Assist in diagnostic procedures
- Ensure consent paperwork is accurately completed
- Discharge teaching with patients and families including procedural, medications, activities, and dietary
- Prepare patients for procedures
- Perform any and all other duties assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Graduate of an NLN accredited School of Nursing; Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing preferred
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of Cardiac Cath. Lab clinical experience
- Current New Jersey State RN license that is in good standing
- Must have current BLS and ACLS certifications
What We Offer
Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.