Now through the end of May offering $2500 sign on bonus and $2500 retention bonus (paid after one year) for new, external hires to Providence with at least one year of acute/hospital based experience!
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) II (Inpatient Rehab Neuro Stroke, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence St Luke's Rehabilitation Institute in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Provide care by utilizing nursing processes in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Effectively interact with all staff to coordinate patient care, promote continuity of care and interpret the plan of care.
- In the course of providing direct patient care, be accountable for documenting all aspects of care in accordance with Institute and program guidelines.
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills and judgment, knowledge of specific rehabilitation skills, and competency in administering medications, IV’s and treatments safely.
- Maintain patient safety, comfort and cleanliness.
- Transcribe and implement physicians’ orders accurately.
- Demonstrate self-direction and professionalism by identifying one’s own areas of skill and knowledge weaknesses and participating in educational activities, by using the expertise of the program nursing and supervisory staff in dealing with patient concerns, by participating in team meetings and being reliable and accountable.
- Be accountable for promoting the corporate philosophy of service excellence and guest relations by effectively relating with patients, their families, visitors, the public and all members of the staff of St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute.
- Consistently demonstrate behavior that enhances professional performance and reflects the key moral commitments, ethical principles, values and philosophy of the institute as set forward in the mission statement.
- Develop the knowledge of growth and development of all ages of patients treated at St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute.
- Complete self-evaluation on Clinical Competency Evaluation and Non-Clinical Evaluation.
- Assume a greater role as clinical mentor for less experienced staff, orient new staff to the program and discipline as needed.
- Provide support for Level III staff in development of orientation plans, evaluation processes and criteria, program enhancement and as otherwise needed.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
- Have acceptable continuing education plan developed and approved by the program manager/director with a goal of specific competency or an equivalent focused education.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Washington or eligible
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) certification for the Healthcare Provider or obtain within the first 30 days of employment
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Rehabilitation nursing experience
About the ministry you will serve:
Located in the heart of Spokane, Washington, St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute is the largest freestanding medical rehabilitation hospital in the inland northwest. We’re renowned pioneers in the use of therapeutic technology and globally recognized leaders in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with strokes, spinal cord injuries (SCI), orthopedic issues and traumatic brain injuries (TBI). We’re driven by innovation, compassion, holistic care and the desire to see each patient thrive.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 288804