Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) II (Full time/Day shift) to the Providence Facey Medical Foundation in Mission Hills, CA.
We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) II, who will provide direct, professional nursing care to patients who present urgent, emergency or potential health problems utilizing basic nursing principles.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Deliver upon the service expectations of both our patients and fellow staff members by listening to their needs; engaging in positive interactions; and following through on promises made in a thoughtful, efficient, timely and courteous manner so that their total outcome is better than expected
- Respect the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of patients.
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor and/or the safety hotline
- Basic patient care skills -- vitals, BP, history taking, IM/Sub Q injections, EKG, treadmill, catheterization, PTSs, Accu check, sterile technique procedure set-ups, assist in minor surgeries, pulse oximetry, phlebotomy, autoclaving, controlled substance count
- Administer routine immunizations, therapeutic injections and skin tests. Document appropriately
- Perform blood pressure checks. Informs practitioner of unusual changes
- Assist with emergencies as needed
- Establish IV lines and monitors IV therapy of standard solutions
- Provide accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of all nursing procedures in the medical record
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of nursing procedures
- Communicate clinically significant information to the physician, including but not limited to, abnormal test results, patient concerns and changes in the patient’s condition
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous infectious waste
- Perform daily and weekly environmental cleaning and equipment quality control and maintenance
- Order and maintain current inventories of medication and supplies
- Check for outdated medication on a monthly basis
- Comply with all applicable infection control and safety procedures.
- Demonstrate awareness of current state, federal and local laws governing the delivery of care:
- Use appropriate reporting mechanisms as required by state laws
- Respect the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of patients
- Obtain appropriate authorizations and consents for treatment
- Provide sufficient information to allow patients and their significant others to participate in the patient's care
- Provide educational resources to the patient/family as appropriate
- Assist in the orientation of new personnel to the office
- Obtain ongoing education consistent with level and area of practice
- Maintain current American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers and other appropriate licensure/certifications
- Completion of an 8-hour preceptor class
- Orient and train new personnel or assist in re-orienting / re-training existing personnel
- Review appropriate checklist and monitor completion of specific areas
- Help the orientee seek learning opportunities with a review of pertinent Policy and Procedure, observation skills, and checklist completion
- Provide feedback to supervisor on areas completed and areas needing additional training
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited LVN school of nursing.
- Two years current medical office experience with references.
- Verified skill sets defined by department usage.
- Current California LVN license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.
- IV certification.
- UR/QA and surgery scheduling knowledge.
- Knowledge and patient education skills.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN/LVN
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 286897