Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (High Acuity, Day Shift, 0.75 FTE) at St Elias Specialty Hospital in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ care
- Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Be accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
- Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire
- RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered
- If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies:
- American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider),
- American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or
- Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing upon hire
- National Certification in area of specialty
- 1 year Acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located atSt Elias Specialty Hospital
About St. Elias Specialty Hospital
St. Elias Specialty Hospital is owned by Providence Health System. The hospital has 59 beds, almost all private rooms. The facility features state of the art equipment to provide extended inpatient acute care for patients.
At St. Elias Specialty Hospital, we provide customized, physician-driven services for patients requiring longer stays in an acute care environment due to multiple or complex medical conditions. We are not a permanent placement for patients; rather we are an answer for many patients who are acutely ill and need to take the first steps towards rehabilitation or home.
Most of our patients are admitted from a traditional acute care hospital, often from the Intensive Care Unit. Families of patients are welcome to contact us to see if we might be an option for their loved one.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 284920