We are looking for an RN Admissions Coordinator RN for Hospice at Home Care Services.
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Work Schedule: On call/Per diem
Shift: 8 hours, Evenings
Implements programs to inform clients of St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services (HCS) capabilities and benefits. Coordinates home health services after patients are referred to assist in the transition from hospital to home and ensure continuity of care between hospital or clinic setting and home.
- Assesses referrals for appropriateness for home care to include medical, physical, social, and emotional status, home environment and family's acceptance and ability to care for the patient in the home and determine the need for equipment and supplies.
- Coordinates home health service needs of referral sources including but not limited to hospitals, clinics, physicians, and the community.
- Provides home care information/education at meetings with hospital service, utilization review/discharge planners/case managers, patients and patient's families and educates hospital medical and physician staff, patients, and patient's families to available home care services.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, families, payors, physicians, and the network providing complete physician's orders, referral information to the network intake department.
- Collects information and data regarding customer expectations, preferences and satisfaction with St. Joseph programs and services. Serves as customer advocate within the network.
- Promotes internal and external communication, problem solving, and customer need identification through regular contact with clinical area and intake department on an as needed basis.
- Maintains comprehensive records and statistics on coordination activities.
- Assumes initial responsibility for assessing patient/family needs for Home Health, Hospice, Infusion Pharmacy and consults with the attending physician, Hospice Medical Director, and other staff members as necessary.
- Plans for admission of patients to Home Health, Hospice, Infusion Pharmacy in coordination with agency representative, patient/family, Hospitalist and primary physicians, Medical Directors, and hospital case manager.
- Determines patient’s appropriateness for Home Health, Hospice, or Infusion services consistent with St. Joseph Home Care Services policies and admission criteria and in conjunction with patient’s physician.
- Facilitates transition of patient/family to primary nurse and other members of the IDG as indicated.
- Coordinate the expansion and implementation of the GIP Program. Attends appropriate meetings to promote Home Health, Infusion Services, Hospice referrals and GIP.
- Functions as RN Case Manager for GIP patients.
- Perform EOBs for potential GIP patients and admit patients onto GIP.
- Discharges GIP patients to home/SNF/ALF as appropriate.
- Provide staff and physicians education regarding end-of-life care, hospice, and GIP.
- Knowledge of current Medi-Cal and CMS rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of current third-party payor requirements.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary team members.
- Communication skills, written, verbal, spoken with a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Organizational skills to include prioritization, planning, implementing, and controlling.
- Positive innovative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge and application of Electronic Health Records.
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrates computer competency.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Experience : 1 year of Registered Nurse experience.
- Active and current RN Licensure in State of California.
- California Driver License.
- Auto insurance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Licenses/Certifications : Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN)
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Req ID: R327893