We are looking for a RN in Home Health at Providence Home Care Services.
We are offering a $5000.00 Sing-on -Bonus!
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: Pay Per Visit Employee
The Registered Nurse provides infusion services for patients at home based on the orders of a physician or other licensed prescriber. This position assists in the coordination of home health services after patients are referred for service, to assist in the transition from hospital to home care and ensure continuity of care between hospital, clinic setting, SNF, physician's office and home. Responsible for continually re-evaluating the patient's nursing needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline-nursing skills, including assessment, wound care, catheter care and infusion. Maintains clinical competencies according to ministry standards.
- Initiates and/or administers infusion therapy accurately and timely under the direction of a physician at specific time-points.
- When indicated coordinates infusion pharmacy services with nursing agencies who will resume care of patient.
- Collaborates with pharmacists in carrying out the plan of care, in collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver and physician orders, specific care or treatments to be provided, appropriate goals, medications, other disciplines needed and discharge plan.
- Documents the initiation of infusion services in the Home Health EHR.
- Implements and provides nursing care, treatment, and services according to the plan of care and accepted standards of care to include patient education and any IV or other medications required to be administered by the nurse.
- Communicates changes in patient status, patient issues and concerns and changes in orders to the Physician and Pharmacist according to ministry guidelines.
- Practices infection control and universal precautions for self and others in patient care activities.
- Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with authorization nurses and community vendors timely.
- Maintains patient rights and dignity.
- Annually completes compliance education and understands applicable policies.
- Meets the productivity standards of the organization
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to follow ministry's policies and applicable laws
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Time management
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team-player to support your team and ministry needs.
- Demonstrates Values based customer service skills
Minimum Position Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Completes necessary education to attain RN Licensure in state of California
Experience: One (1) year Nursing experience in clinical setting
- Current California RN license
- Current Driver's license and current automobile liability insurance
- Current basic CPR
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- IV and Central lines experience
- Intravenous infusion experience
- Experience with EHR
- Home health field experience
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Category: Home Health Nursing
Req ID: R330387