We are looking for a Registered Nurse II with the 4SW CCU Department at St. Jude Medical Center.
Location: Fullerton, CA
Schedule: Part Time - 48 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12-hour, Nights
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care.
- Facilitates patient care through effective communication.
- Develops and maintains therapeutic and effective relationships with patient/family and the health care team.
- Delegates care appropriately.
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative Leadership.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related to staffing and scheduling.
- Critical Care Unit (4SW CCU, 601000-F01): • Responsible for the patients in Critical Care Unit (CCU).• Demonstrates the ability to care for the patient/or manage the Intra-Aortic balloon pump, after completing the IABP competency program. (Does not apply for all RN's).• Demonstrates the ability to care for the patient, and manage the R VAD/L VAD/BIVAD, after completing the BIVAD competency program. (does not apply to all RN's).• Demonstrates the ability to care for and/or manage the patient requiring continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) after completing CRRT competency training program. (Does not apply for all RN's).• Assists physicians with special tests and procedures (e.g. tracheotomy, pericardiacentesis, arterial lines, PA lines, CVP lines, pacemaker insertion, cardioversions, bronchoscopy, and internal defibrillation.• Demonstrates knowledge/ability to use/interpret results of equipment in the area i.e. EKG strips.• Appropriately manages the patient with temporary pacemaker. Recognized normal and abnormal functioning, and accurately adjusts the rate, milli-amperage or polarity of a temporary pace maker in accordance with the physicians specific orders. • Demonstrates creativity, sensitivity and critical thinking ability in the coordination and provision of patient care, evaluation of care delivery and revision of organizational systems to improve patient outcomes.• Supports and fosters strong nursing morale. Maintains a positive professional image of nursing and encourages and recognizes staff for their contributions. • Acts as a collaborative resource person whose clinical expertise is actively sought. Encourages and supports the clinical bedside RN in improving their assessment and critical thinking skills. Maintains open lines of communication to address concerns or problems.• Promotes a team approach by including the unit RN staff in patient care, communication and disposition. Assures that the coordinator on the unit is involved and is notified of any Rapid Response visitation/consultation. Provides teaching as opportunity permits and the need is identified.• At the request of a staff member or physician, will initiate the nursing process; assess the patient and institute necessary life saving interventions per RRT protocol.• Seen as a collaborative resource person whose clinical expertise is actively sought. Encourages and supports the clinical bedside RN in improving their assessment and critical thinking skills. Maintains open lines of communication to address concerns or problems.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, graduate from nursing school (Hired on/after 1/1/11), or
- Hired prior to 1/1/11 (and rehired after 1/1/11): Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; or
- Hired as a result of a unit transfer from Heritage: Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; or
- Hired as a ministry transfer: Currently enrolled in a BSN program with an expected graduation date within 6 months of hire.
Experience: One (1) year acute care experience.
- Current CA Registered Nurse License.
- American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Professional Nursing Organization Membership
St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit, 384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals. With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services and programs.
St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Jude Medical Center
Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: R331011