Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) - Health Unit Coordinator (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) to work in the Medical Specialty Unit at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA.
The Certified Nursing Assistant Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for performing general secretarial and clerical duties in the patient care areas.Interacts with patients, families and physicians and acts as a liaison among members of the health care team, patients and families.
In this position you will:
- Greet visitors, providing information and assistance as needed. Work with patients, families, visitors and physicians to identify needs, resolve problems or provide other information. Facilitate patient movement to other departments.
- Prepare a paper chart and prints stickers from electronic medical record for each new patient. Provide welcome brochures. Check printer for the admission medication list and gives to admitting RN. Send discharge medication orders to pharmacy as applicable by campus. Order prior medical records when necessary.
- Perform all ADT (admission, discharge and transfer) functions. Prepare charts for transfer and discharge. Ensure accommodation codes are correct. Manage bed board. Review orders for upcoming tests, procedures and communicates priority to nursing staff. Make minor changes as needed i.e. unit collect vs. lab collect to orders.
- Instruct families and visitors in hand hygiene protocols. Participate in the education of patient/families to unit practices/routines and orients patients to unit per protocols. Round the unit in accordance with department regulatory standards i.e. keeps hallways clear, equipment plugged in. Keep work area clean and clutter free.
- Give report to relief staff, including items that require follow up. Update patient assignment board. Assign papers and locators to nursing staff. Enter patient assignments/acuities into acuity system, as directed by nursing staff. Maintain unit worksheets and records.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Washington State certification as a Nursing Assistant Certified
- Current CPR certification must be maintained at all times
- Washington State Medical Assistant - Registered will be required with Swedish Medical Center facility application completed within 7 days of hire
- Must obtain active license within 60 days of hire
- Employee will not be authorized to practice independently until registration is obtained
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Strong preference will be given to students enrolled in a BSN program
- Six (6) months of Acute care experience
- One (1) year of Skilled nursing experience
- Acute or skilled experience will be waived if the applicant has demonstrated experience involving customer service in healthcare or other related industry and completion of an acute care NAC course
- Acute or skilled experience will be waived for students currently enrolled and in good standing at a traditional registered nursing program approved by the Nursing Quality Care Commission. At a minimum, satisfactory completion of one academic term (quarter or semester) that included clinical patient care experience is required
- Previous experience using electronic medical record
About the Issaquah Campus.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Work Locations: Issaquah Main Bldg (WA171) 751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah, 98029
Req ID: 291362