South KC Medical Pavilion
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Under the supervision of the Ambulatory Clinic Manager or Practice Manager, the Ambulatory Clinic Supervisor assists/supports the clinic administratively and clinically. He/she assists in supervisory planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling activities. He/she assumes responsibility for patient flow, triage and provides direct patient care. Is responsible for efficient day to day operations of the clinic and optimum use of resources to maximize productivity. Fosters an environment of collaboration and respect with physician colleagues, nurses and other healthcare team members.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates the day-to-day clinic operations to maintain maximum efficiency, productivity and quality patient care and satisfaction.
- Performs clinic operations including: bookkeeping, preparation of payroll, personnel management, information management, maintaining filing systems, requisition of supplies and other clerical services.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of computer software applications, creates and maintains timely and efficient work flow and coordinates job duties of clinical staff.
- Develops a structured communication process for ensuring information is shared with staff.
- Updates clinical and non-clinical staff on quality outcomes and patient experience. Meets with all staff to identify and plan process improvement activities to promote continuous quality improvement based on performance measurement and patient satisfaction results.
- Reviews medical recall list, coordinates with clinicians to develop action plan, and assigns staff to contact patients with provided instruction.
- Assists the front and back office as needed to assure smooth operations and quality patient care and satisfaction.
- Monitors clinic patient population and provides staff with additional educational materials about specific cultures and communication techniques best suited for the population.
o *Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
o *Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- RN license
- Registered Nurse in State of clinic location
- 2 years of RN experience and 1 year of Ambulatory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s of Science in Nursing
- Previous RN experience in specialty and supervisory experience
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.