Unit Coordinator - Unit 45 Medical Telemetry (Nights) Weekend Premium
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Provides charge nurse responsibilities, including assignments, management of throughput, staffing to matrix, and responding to patient and staff needs. Manages a patient care assignment as indicated by patient care needs. Assists with hiring, education and performance evaluation of the staff. Works with the Nurse Manager and Human Resources in performance management counseling and discipline of staff. Instructs staff and ensures compliance with standards through daily on-going monitoring and performance management. Serves as a role model and mentor for excellence in clinical practice and patient and employee satisfaction. Takes personal responsibility for achieving productivity targets and budget compliance. Has primary involvement and responsibility for unit performance improvement activities and outcomes.
This fast paced 26 bed medical telemetry unit provides advanced and specialized care to patients with a variety of medical conditions including heart failure, renal failure, liver failure, respiratory complications, infections and many other diagnoses that may require continuous cardiac monitoring. Our nurses have the opportunity to work closely as part of a multidisciplinary team, and through this, develop the expertise to care for our diverse patient population.
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- 2 years of clinical experience
- Professional Nursing Certification
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.