We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner with the Pelvic Floor Program Department at St. Joseph Orange.
Location: Orange CA
The Nurse Practitioner is a Masters prepared registered nurse, who possesses additional educational preparation and skill in physical diagnosis, psychological assessment, and management of health illness needs. This works in collaboration with the medical and hospital staff to provide multidisciplinary care of patients across the continuum of care and assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of outcomes for SJO patient population. This position brings a cohesive element to care, providing comprehensive care management, overseeing patient and family teaching, and consulting with members of the healthcare team to ensure all aspects of patient care. These elements are accomplished efficiently; provide clinical management and education for patients; utilize a scientific approach in the analysis of patient care; identifying opportunities for quality improvement and cost reduction based on research findings. Practices in accordance with TJC State and Specialty regulatory criteria. Practices under the guidelines of standardized procedure as authorized in Title 16, Section 1474 of the Nursing Practice Act.
- Knowledge of physical assessment, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and management of chronic patient/family problems in the acute care and outpatient settings.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for: Instructing patients and families, Communicating complex theoretical and technical concepts to all levels of personnel, Resolving clinical issues, Promoting problem-solving conflicts, Team building and Collaboration.
- Knowledge in applying a scientific approach to analyzing patient outcomes. Broad knowledge of the research process and it's application.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively present written and verbal information.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements necessary to integrate into patient care delivery system.
- Ability to walk and stand up for eighty percent of work time and to lift and position patients as necessary.
- Proficient in computer skills and software programs necessary to prepare and present findings.
- Supports and articulates the St. Joseph Health system core values of dignity, excellence, service, and justice; strategic plan, annual goal, policies and procedures on an ongoing basis while conducting daily responsibilities.
Education: Masters of Science Degree in Nursing
Experience: 3 Years of clinical work experience as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner
- Current CA RN License
- Current CA Nurse Practitioner Certification
- CA Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Certificate
- Current National Provider Identification
- Current DEA License at time of credentialing
- MSN graduates from 2008 to present are requiredto have and maintain National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner for the patient population being served.
- Current AHA BLS Certification
- Current AHA ACLS Certification for Critical Care Cardiothoracic, Cardiology and Cardiac Cath Lab Nurse Practitioners
- Current AHA NRP Certification for Women's Services and Well Newborn Nurse Practitioner
- Women's Services Requirement: National Board Certification by one of the following: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or National Certification Corporation for Obstetrical and Neonatal Specialties (NCCC) or The American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB)
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Doctorate Nursing Practice Degree
Experience: 5 Years Experience as a Nurse Practitioner
Licensure/Certification: Sub-specialty certification in practice area.
Dignity. Service. Excellence. Justice.These timeless values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph Hospital. They are the prime reason that we attract and retain high-caliber employees who believe in the sanctity of their work in our faith-based setting.As a result of this affinity, most of our employees have remained with us for at least five years. Over 40 percent of our new employees were either referred by friends or applied to work at St. Joseph based on our reputation. It is little wonder, then, that retention rate is significantly higher than the average for healthcare institutions in our community.The most important result: employee engagementWe are proud of our dedicated employees practicing our core values. Because of them, the St. Joseph Health System was awarded the Gallup Organization's Great Workplace Award for three consecutive years. Only 12 organizations in the world received this distinguished accolade, which recognizes fully engaged workplaces.Clinical ExcellenceWhen you take the latest in medical technology and place it in the hands of highly skilled clinicians, recognition is sure to follow. In July 2007, 2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was named one "America's Best Hospitals" for Orthopedic Care by U. S. News and World Report. This highly esteem recognition is testimony to our unique blend medical science and compassionate, values-based care.A haven that feels like home.St. Joseph Hospital offers a unique environment in which healthcare givers who share a kindred spirit can do important work and grow both spiritually and professionally. Here, values-based employees view their jobs not simply as careers but also as callings.Care to get acquainted? Then we warmly invite you to explore the many career opportunities offered by St. Joseph Hospital!St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Joseph Hospital Orange
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Req ID: R309683