Pathways Hospice has an immediate opening for a RN to work with our Admissions department. Sign on Bonus $3500
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Schedule: 40 hours per week. Shifts will vary but will include 8 hour shifts/including every other weekend.
Pay Range: $31.49 - $39.20 / hour
Supplemental Pay: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Paid Mileage/Shift Diffs/Stipends/Overtime
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement: 50 cents per mile
Comprehensive Benefit Package: PTO (Vacation Pay and Sick Leave) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank), 6 Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday, Company paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance and Long-Term Disability, Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren)), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Care, Legal and Identity Protection, 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match, Education Reimbursement Program, Referral and Certification Bonus Programs, Early Wage Access, Employer Assistance Program, and an Employee Recognition Program
Provides assessment, supportive care and education to prospective patients and families regarding hospice services. Determines hospice appropriateness of the patient; assists in admitting patients to the hospice program. Acts as a liaison with assigned hospitals, facilities and physicians.
- Assesses and counsels the patients and families during the initial interviews to properly determine the level of care as well as the physical and psychosocial needs of the prospective patient.
- Efficiently and accurately completes all admission paperwork and initiates the clinical record through the EMR process.
- Assesses and places orders for immediate medication needs. Oversees the placement orders for durable medical equipment, supplies and oxygen as needed.
- Consults with staff of hospital, skilled nursing facility (SNF) or Assisted Living Facility (ALF) to determine discharge orders and to facilitate discharge to home, SNF or other residence. Interfaces with referring physicians, nurses, ancillary providers and discharge planners to facilitate a well-coordinated transition into hospice for patients and families.
- Communicates pertinent patient/family information to the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes the full Comprehensive Assesment at admission.
- Completes inventory of current medications, and determines which medications relate to the terminal illness.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One to two years of experience in hospice palliative and/or home health care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN licensure. Current CPR certification. CPR must be provided and/or obtained within 14 days of hire. Valid Colorado State driver’s license and auto insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
Pathways Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip Pathways Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.