We are looking for a Staff Nurse I or II- SNA (Staff Nurses Association) for our Emergency Room Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital!
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly hours
Shift: 12 hour, Nights
Under the direction of the Department Manager, the Staff Nurse I uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan implement and evaluate the results of patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating care to meet the patient needs.
• Assesses patients according to department standards.
• Identifies abnormal assessments and takes appropriate action.
• Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
• Involves patient, family and interdisciplinary resources to develop and revise the plan of care.
• Uses action plans, goals and time frames to produce desired patient outcomes.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age specific patient’s needs, including teaching and discharge planning. Documents care appropriately.
• Administers medications and treatments according to hospital policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care and department standards.
• Communicates effectively with physicians, patients and families within their age specific categories, providing necessary information from the patient, family, other nurses, physicians and allied health care professionals.
• Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their own interest and intervenes when they are unable to do so.
• Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to care.
• Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership in handling daily activities on the unit:
• Promotes and enhances collaborative/caring relationships.
• Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the person’s job description and scope of practice.
• Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to JCAHO, Title 22, hospital, departmental policies and procedures and other regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources by working within established budget parameters.
• Demonstrates commitment to department objectives/standards.
- Participates in professional development:
• Develops clinical competencies according to departmental standards.
• Demonstrates a commitment for self-growth and competency.
• Participates in the review process by identifying, developing and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
• Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and department communications and changes in practice.
• Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and participates in research/quality data collection.
• Participates with the nurse manager in the development and implementation of department goals.
- Other specific competencies that have been identified by the manager related to changes in departmental operations that focus on current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental Competency.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving, interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Has the ability to think critically.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care Team.
Minimum Position Qualifications for Staff RN I:
Experience : New graduate to 6 months experience as a RN in a health care setting.
- Current California RN licensure/Interim Permit.
- BLS within 60 days of hire.
• TNCC within 6 months of hire at SRMH only.
• PALS within 6 months of hire.
Minimum Position Requirements for Staff RN II:
Experience: 6 months experience as a RN in a health care setting.
- Current California RN licensure.
- BLS within 60 days of hire
- TNCC (within 6 months of hire, SRMH only)
- PALS (within 6 months of hire)
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Experience: 1 year Acute care experience
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: R330232