Manages patient care of an assigned group of patients in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the appropriate division. Nurses at Northside are professionals committed to patients/families and all members of the Healthcare team. Our nursing practice reflects the values of collaboration, communication, coordination, integration, and empowerment.
1. Applies the nursing process to assess and care for the adult, adolescent, geriatric, and pediatric patient throughout their perioperative experience.
2. Maintains competency in the care of the patient in the perioperative setting, specific to the area of practice and including use of required equipment.
3. Demonstrates proficiency in required duties and techniques, and processes inherent in performing these duties and techniques that are specific to the area of practice in the perioperative setting.
4. Adheres to professional requirements and recommended standards of practice of professional organizations as applicable to role in the perioperative setting (i.e., AORN Standards and Recommended Practices, Standards of Perianesthesia Nursing Practice.)
5. Supports the Ophthalmology service in both the outpatient surgery center, as well as the main hospital for those patients who do not meet criteria for an outpatient surgery center.
6. Operating Room nurses may perform femtosecond laser technician duties as needed, with documentation of laser specific certification
7. Operating Room nurses are expected to take call to support the Ophthalmology service for emergent cases that occur in the main hospital Monday through Friday after 7PM, on weekends, and holidays