The Denver Hospice has an immediate opening for an Admissions RN to assist with patient admissions into our hospice program.
Location: Denver, CO
Schedule: 40 hours/week
Pay Range: $31.49- $42.51 / hour
Supplemental Pay: Based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement: 50 cents per mile
Comprehensive Benefit Package: Vacation and Sick Pay (PTO) and Extended Illness Bank (EIB) 6 Paid Holidays and a Floating Holiday, Company paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance and Long-Term Disability, Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren)), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Care, Legal and Identity Protection, 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match, Education Reimbursement Program, Referral and Certification Bonus Programs, Early Wage Access, Employer Assistance Program, Employee Recognition Program
Provides assessment, supportive care and education to prospective patients and families regarding hospice services. Determines hospice appropriateness of the patient; assists in admitting patients to the hospice program. Acts as a liaison with assigned hospitals, facilities and physicians.
- Assesses and counsels the patients and families during the initial interviews to properly determine the level of care as well as the physical and psychosocial needs of the prospective patient. Accurately gathers information and data, reviews charts, and records information. Provides education on hospice philosophy.
- Efficiently and accurately completes all admission paperwork and initiates the clinical record through the EMR process demonstrating knowledge of the admission protocol.
- Assesses and places orders for immediate medication needs. Oversees the placement orders for durable medical equipment, supplies and oxygen as needed.
- Consults with staff of hospital, skilled nursing facility (SNF) or Assisted Living Facility (ALF) to determine discharge orders and to facilitate discharge to home, SNF or other residence. Interfaces with referring physicians, nurses, ancillary providers and discharge planners to facilitate a well-coordinated transition into hospice for patients and families.
- Communicates pertinent patient/family information to the interdisciplinary team and follows through to facilitate a smooth transition.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of experience in hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN licensure. Valid Colorado State driver’s license and auto insurance.
- CPR certification required
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
The Denver Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip The Denver Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.