Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in Topeka Kansas
Why The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. St. Francis Campus is proud to be a part of a long legacy of high-quality, compassionate care. For more than 100 years, the hospital has combined compassionate care with lifesaving technological advancements to our patients and the communities served. Today, the hospital has 378 licensed beds, a history of technological advancements, and a generous and supportive community.
Our St. Francis hospital is seeking a PRN RN Case Manager. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills for our Case Management/Utilization Review Department where you will be responsible for:
- Coordinates care for high risk/complex patients and families by collaborating with the patient, family, physician, nurses, and other members of the healthcare team to identify needs and expedite appropriate, cost effective care.
- Advises the healthcare team and provides leadership in issues of outcomes management and development of improved strategies to benefit high risk patients.
- Provides clinical review against standard criteria for the purpose of evaluating medical necessity, regardless of payor type.
- Provides ongoing communication with health plan utilization departments regarding medical necessity for prospective, concurrent and retrospective reviews.
- Intervenes when potential denials are determined and files appeals when denials are received.
- Partners with physician related to resource utilization including LOS and cost per case.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The St. Francis Campus is fully accredited by the joint Commission. We also have the following notable accreditations and certifications:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Inpatient Rehab Stroke Certification
- Chest Pain Accreditation, by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, by the American College of Radiology
- (CoC) Accreditation
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school; BSN preferred.
- Current licensure by Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- Current certification as a Care Assessor the State of Kansas or obtain within six (6) months of hire.
- Minimum of three (3) years as a professional nurse in direct patient care with demonstrated clinical expertise.
- Previous experience as a case manager or utilization review nurse, preferred.
- Broad knowledge of nursing, healthcare organizations and physicians with strong clinical background and knowledge of current patient care practices.
- Interpersonally gifted, possessing excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Critical thinking skills to problem solve and resolve conflicts.
- Able to work in partnership with physician.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, and enjoy a diverse working environment.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of basic system applications.