Clinical Resource Nurse - Survivorship and Patient Outcomes
Bloch Radiation Oncology Pavilion
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Under general supervision, the Clinical Resource Nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for an individual or group of patients focused on patient outcomes, survivorship, and participation in the overall research study Team process for Radiation Oncology patients. The nurse provides care consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of care at TUKH. Plan, direct, or coordinate the daily patient care activities in clinical practice; ensure adherence to established clinical policies, protocols, regulations, and standards; serve as a clinical resource for the Cancer Center, collaborate with nurse leaders, medical staff and nursing staff and provide clinical support to improve patient care and patient outcomes at University of Kansas Hospital.
The advanced knowledge and skills required for this role include clinical expertise in a focused area, evidence-based practice, mentoring, consultation, collaboration, education, and leadership.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnosis/patient care priorities
- Collaborates and coordinates care of the patient with the interdisciplinary team
- Completes comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit
- Develops and updates the patient plan of care; documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and revises plan of care on an ongoing basis
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, hand offs, etc.)
- Implements the plan of care utilizing resources and best evidence
- Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine; involves patient/family in identification of expected outcomes and goals
- Participates in unit and/or department quality improvement efforts
- Mentors and focuses on education of nursing staff; provides skills labs and resources to clinical staff
- Has schedule flexibility to support both 24/7 staffing
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and/or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- 4+ years’ experience in Critical Care
- TNCC, PALS, Experience in Emergency Department
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.