Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are looking for a Senior Registered Nurse for Home Health at Providence Home Health Agency.
We are offering a $5000.00 Sign-On-Bonus
Location: Anaheim, CA
Work Schedule: Part Time - 48 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Senior Registered Nurse assists in the delivery of clinical orientation, validation of clinical competency for new and current caregivers, and provides new caregiver observation of clinical experiences. The Senior Registered Nurse can apply best practices, adult learning principles, coaching and mentoring skills to foster the growth and learning of caregivers. Senior Registered Nurses also provide direct patient care for a diverse community, as scheduling permits.
• Facilitates coordinated transitions from orientation program to independence within targeted goals.
• Tracks required orientation progress and provides progress to Clinical Educator and Clinical Leaders.
• Conducts new caregivers’ competency assessment and validates competencies throughout the orientation period.
• Validates the ongoing competencies of current clinical caregivers as directed by the Clinical Educator.
• Reviews Orientation Module content and skills with new caregivers to determine level of understanding and re-educates, as necessary.
• Provides patient centered care and coordination of care for a patient population with diverse community-based healthcare needs to include:
Develops comprehensive and patient-centered plan of care.
◦ Uses clinical evidence-based protocols and technology as identified by standard scope of practice and disease processes.
◦ Provides disease specific education and self-management strategies for patients to achieve an optimal patient independence.
◦ Follows physician ordered plan of care and facilitates changes to the plan of care as needed to achieve desired patient outcomes.
◦ Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively prevents adverse events.
◦ Coordinates care across the continuum as a patient advocate.
◦ Provides supervision and care plan development for service line specific disciplines.
• Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferencing to ensure patient quality care, patient advocacy, utilization, and outcomes.
• Makes recommendations related to training and skill development to clinical education team.
• Provides comprehensive and constructive feedback for caregivers.
• Responsible for OASIS and/or review and accuracy.
• Serves in the capacity of Start of Care and or home visits when schedule allows. As such, admits patients to service, completing appropriate clinical documentation under the Clinical Manager's direction. Assesses individual status and care/instruction needed by the patient.
• Conducts supervisory visits as needed.
• Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending, participating in/conducting caregiver development/continuing education programs.
• Instructs and monitors the work of orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with Educator in planning and structuring orientation program to meet the individual orientees needs; plans daily assignments for orientees.
• Assists Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating, and revising the caregiver development activities and nursing policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team-player to support your team and Agency needs.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
- Participate in weekend, on-call, and holiday rotation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Education to meet certification, license, or registration requirement.
- Senior Registered Nurse: Completes Senior Level program within 6 months of employment
Experience : One (1) year of Professional nursing experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current California RN license.
- CA Driver's License.
- Current automobile liability insurance.
- Current Basic Life Support
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- IV and Central lines experience.
- Experience with wound care including use of negative pressure devices.
- Home health field experience
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Category: Home Health Nursing
Req ID: R330280