- Associates’ degree (ASN) in Nursing required.
- Bachelors’ degree (BSN) in Nursing preferred.
- Two (2) years acute care experience preferred.
- One (1) year Post Anesthesia Care experience is preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Carolina in good standing (SCLLR) required.
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required.
- The ability to rotate through the on-call schedule on a regular basis required.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with co-workers, nursing colleagues, physicians, and department heads.
- Exemplary core customer service skills strongly required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong PC skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in emergency situations.
- Occasional exposure to difficult patients.
- Stress level high due to multiple demands frequently occurring simultaneously.
- Physical surroundings generally pleasant and comfortable.
- Frequent exposure to bio-hazardous materials.
- Prolonged standing and walking required.
Medium - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert 20 to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to hear to process instructions and safety code and alarms required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and will be assessed by post offer Employee Health fit-for-duty review.