Responsible for assisting and collaborating with providers and nursing personnel in carrying out task-specific care for assigned patients. Performs delegated clinical and administrative tasks within the scope of practice of the supervising physician, PA, FNP, PCF or RN, consistent with the individual’s education, training and experience, such duties shall not constitute the practice of medicine.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES/CRITICAL TASKS
• Carries out specific tasks as delegated, in a manner that ensures patient safety, privacy, and according to standards of patient care, standards of staff performance and physician orders.
• Demonstrates competence in the use of equipment/supplies and technical skills required.
• Communicates effectively with patients, families, visitors and other members of the health care team.
• Provides and maintains a clean, safe environment and performs and/or assists others to perform proper aseptic technique, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
• Required to maintain competency in the patient safety functions related to their position.
• Completion of Annual Mandatory Training, TB testing, and required licensure and certifications before expiration date.
• Provide clerical skills requiring familiarity with the functions, practice policies of the department/assigned area.
• Requires excellent customer service skills and ability to work as a team.
• Accuracy is essential.
• Assist the department and/or assigned area with secretarial and/or clerical functions.
• Prepares forms requiring routine data entry for provider/nurse.
• Collects information pertinent to the operation of the unit and/or reports.
• Other duties, as assigned.