Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We’re proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country’s leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Clinical Educator to join the Mountainside Team!
What You’ll Do
The Clinical Educator is responsible for the planning, organizing, development, and implementation of our educational development and activities program for nursing personnel. This key role will help create a framework of educational programs that promote the growth and development of licensed and unlicensed staff.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Collaborate with nurse leaders to plan and implement educational programs on all shifts to meet the goals and objectives of the Nursing Department
- Responsible for hospital wide education which supports evidence based practice and practice-based evidence toward achieving educational outcomes, safe and outcome focused care
- Provide support toward professional development and life-long learning of hospital staff through orientation, competency program, in-service education, continuing education, career development, role transition, research and scholarship, and academic partnerships
- Contribute to an annual/monthly calendar of educational activities per state regulations for staff including educational needs identified by nursing leadership and all relevant quality improvement activities
- Identify essential competencies for licensed and non-licensed staff within the Department of Nursing
- Lead and actively participate in organizational skills labs and educational programs
- Coordinate and actively participates in unit-based orientation of licensed and non-licensed staff within the Department of Nursing.
- Solicit involvement of unit staff as preceptors and mentors
- Provide on-going support to Preceptor/Mentor education programs as needed
- Support all Nursing Department HAI initiatives
- Coordinate BLS, CPR, and First Aid education for direct care staff as required; offer optional training for all other employees
- Participate in developing, maintaining and updating written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the facility with regards to clinical staff education
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience as an RN in a hospital setting and 3 years education experience that includes leadership, facilitator and educator experience
- Experience in leveraging learning management systems preferred
- Experience in developing and facilitating nursing/healthcare education program
- Demonstrate superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Comprehensive to expert proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.