Interventional Pain Mgmt. RN - Spine Center
Position Summary / Career Interest:
We currently have an opening for an Interventional Pain Management Registered Nurse in our Spine Center Clinic to provide professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Administers medications and conscious sedation per hospital policy.
- Assists in the daily upkeeping of the clinic, accudose management, crash cart checks, blood glucose monitoring, and maintenance of supplies par levels.
- Assists in the development and implementation of department/unit quality improvement activities.
- Coordinates care delivery; utilizes resources to promote the continuum of care.
- Coordinates patient information such as lab results, radiology reports, history and physicals and physician orders in an efficient organized manner to facilitate the timely progression of the clinic schedule.
- Demonstrates professionalism by practicing, maintaining, and increasing knowledge of nursing and healthcare trends through evidenced based practice.
- Engages in shared decision making model at global, unit, or project level.
- Performs appropriate follow through after the procedures (dressing of site, physical assessment to include vital signs and neuro checks, and notifies physician immediately of any untoward effects).
- Performs patient assessment by assimilating data about the patients physiological and psychosocial status, safety issues, self-care, educational needs, discharge planning, etc.
- Prepares and assists the physician with procedures (positioning of patient, prep of appropriate site, obtaining correct medications and supplies).
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Registered Nurse in the state of Kansas
- Associate’s degree (or higher) in Nursing; must complete BSN within five years of hire
- BLS certification
- ACLS within six months of hire
- Minimum of two years RN experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Two years of pain management experience with procedures
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.