It's more than a career, it's a calling
OK-SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma City
Looking for an opportunity to advance your RN career? We have opportunities for you in our Nursing Services Department. We have Full-Time, Part Time and PRN positions available on various shifts. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Coordinates daily operations with leadership team to ensure implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care for assigned ministries.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to performance evaluations of staff.
- Serves as a resource to the staff.
- Manages patient flow within assigned area.
- Provides support and coordination for patient emergencies.
- Opens and leads incident command for internal or external disasters until relieved by assigned administrative representative.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Two years' registered nurse experience, with demonstrated progressive leadership responsibility
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State License
Night Shift (United States of America)
84510040 Nursing ServiceScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.