It's more than a career, it's a calling
OK-SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma City
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If you listen and respond with great care…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients require complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic picture of the patient’s needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with patient, family and interprofessional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into practice.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State License
PRN / Per Diem Shift (United States of America)
10240040 5S NeuroScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.