Sane Sart Coordinator (Days, Part Time, Great Bend Campus)
Great Bend Medical Pavilion
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) will provide timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to the sexual assault victim. The SANE exam may include a medical-forensic exam, prophylaxis for pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, photographic documentation, and referrals for appropriate medical and psychological follow-up, support and participation in the legal proceedings.
- Ability to perform emergent medical triage of the presenting patient(s).
- Perform and document sexual assault medical forensic interviews/exams accurately and timely.
- Perform a complete medical forensic evaluation to include:
- Head-to-toe medical assessment for trauma, detailed genital/anal examination
- Forensic specimen collection and supportive documentation
- Photo documentation of bodily and genital-anal injuries with competent documentation
- Assess for mandatory reporting status and report when appropriate
- Maintain chain of custody and adhere to evidence guidelines
- Maintain professional standards that do not create conflict of interests with employment or patient care
- Administer prophylactic medications and emergency contraception
- Coordinate referrals for appropriate follow-up care as needed
- Testify as fact witness to any/all cases performed while employed as a SANE
- Completing the required 40 hour training course.
- Observation of at least 5 sexual abuse exams prior to independent practice.
- Completion of continued education, case studies, literature review, chart reviews, and court cases.
- Current KS license with no restrictions.
- Maintain clinical education hours relevant to sexual assault
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.